Belair Town II HOA Members and Residents
As required in the parking regulations for BT2 the association is required to contract with a towing company to support the removal of vehicles from reserved spaces and vehicles that are abandoned or have expired tags. The Towing company being used by the HOA is AlleyCat Towing, located at 5110 Buchanan St., Hyattsville, Md, 20781, 301-864-0323. Thanks for your continuing support of the HOA and as always your concerns and comments are welcomed and encouraged.
Board of Directors
Belair Town II Townhouse Association, Inc.
As to the unauthorized occupation of any assigned parking space, the assignee of that space shall enforce his/her/their exclusive rights. Should the Belair Town II Townhouse Association, Inc. contract with a management company, the enforcement of these parking rules may be delegated by the Board of Directors to that company.
NOTICE OF VIOLATION FOR PROHIBITED VEHICLES
The owner of any vehicle not in compliance with these rules, and not specifically dealt with by conditions warranting immediate towing or parking in a resident’s assigned space as set forth in the following paragraphs, shall be notified of the violation by the posting of a notice on the vehicle. Any vehicle not brought into compliance within 48 hours of the posted notice will be towed from the community.
CONDITIONS WARRANTING IMMEDIATE TOWING WITHOUT NOTICE
The following vehicles shall be subject to immediate removal without notification:
- any vehicle parked in such a manner as to obstruct entry into or exit from an adjacent space,
- any vehicle occupying more than one (1) parking space,
- any vehicle parked on a grassy area, unpaved area or sidewalk.
RESIDENT ENGAGEMENT OF TOW SERVICES
- Any resident who directly engages a towing company to enforce any provision of these guidelines shall bear full and complete responsibility for said action and shall agree to hold Belair Town II Townhouse Association, Inc., its Officers, members of its Board of Directors, harmless from any and all liability, costs, or fees they may incur in defending themselves for any enforcement action undertaken which was not directly authorized by the Association.
- The ONLY circumstance in which a resident may have a vehicle towed is that in which the vehicle is parked in that resident’s assigned parking space without permission. Residents will be provided with a “Tow Card” which will display a designated number for the residence (the townhouse address) and the telephone number to call for the towing service under contract with the Association. The tow card will serve as verification of the resident’s authority to tow from that assigned parking space. Residents are hereby advised that they solely assume all responsibility and liability associated with towing the vehicle.
- Residents opting to have a vehicle towed from their reserved parking space are responsible for making all arrangements directly with the towing company. This includes: 1) making the initial call to the towing company, and 2) showing the Tow Card as verification of their authority to have the vehicle towed from their assigned space.
The Association assumes no responsibility for any damage to or theft from any vehicle parked, operated on or towed from Association’s property. All costs of towing and impoundment shall be the sole responsibility of the vehicle’s owner.
By invoking these rules to enforce his/her/their rights of exclusivity to an assigned parking space the Owners agree to accept full liability for, and indemnify and hold the Association harmless for, any fee, cost, expense, demand, suit, judgment, arbitrators award, and any other liability (except as such may be covered by any insurance policy covering such events) that is the result of any injury or damage arising from or done to any towed vehicle, person, or to any property, including, but not limited to, the common area(s) by the use, repair, or maintenance of their vehicle, or as a result of negligence, whether on the part of the owner, his family, tenants, guests or agents.